Let me relent and rely on you
To soothe, to pray, to be
The thing that saves
Pour life in me
Gives me rest, give me hope
Keep me near, oh
God, I pray, never let me see the day this day old hate
consumes my soul
Let it let me let it go
Remove the anger, the anguish, the hurt in my heart
Those who have passed have done their part
Like leaves in the fall, let them leave me
Take these bitter pains and these memories
The haunting hurt, the games, the lies
And soothe the sadness still creeping inside
Years may pass, and I may struggle
To hold you in my heart’s deepest trouble
But you’ll be there, and I will, too,
For there is nothing you won’t see me through
The darkest days are not dark at all
Those falls I fell to heed your call
Were steps I took to be with you
In all my days to see it through
I do not have a God who leaves
But one who stays, a Father be
You are to me, I will hold on
The hurt will pass, but your love lives on
Lives on in my heart, my heart meant for you
In all my days, You see me through
9.28.11