Someday love will find you
Break those chains that bind you
True love won’t desert you
You know I still love you
Separate Ways, Journey
One of the ways I feel closest to God is through writing.
For the last few weeks, I've kept my journals at an arm’s length, rejecting God and losing sight of Him.
Within the last week I’ve written more than I probably have all year.
My concerns, my hopes, my fears, my desires, my sadness, my stress, my life, all my prayers…I’ve written everything to God. Between tornadoes, poor moral decisions, health concerns, new branch managers, broken cameras, new friendships, I’ve been a wreck, but I still feel closer to God than I have in the last few months.
“You will start living in light of eternity, and that will color how you handle every relationship, task, and circumstance. Suddenly many activities, goals, and even problems that seemed so important will appear trivial, petty, and unworthy for your attention. The closer you live to God, the smaller everything else appears.”
“The most damaging aspect of contemporary living is short-term thinking.”
“…keep the vision of eternity continually in your mind and the value of it in your heart.”
I’m so thankful for this book, because every day I have a renewed sense of for what—for Who—I am living.
And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever (1 John 2:17).
