Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The DJ Had Me Falling in Love Again

Today God sent me an angel.

The sister of my coworker came by the branch today and with her was the little boy she was babysitting.  When I first met DJ I asked him for a high-five, which he promptly obliged.  With his genuine smile, I then asked him for a hug.

He squirmed to get out of his chair, and jumped down to the ground.  He wrapped his little arms around me tightly.  I hugged him so close, praying to and praising God for the little moment of love from a stranger.

As lunchtime came and went, it was time for DJ to leave.  He waved goodbye to everyone, and when his eyes met mine, I said, “Bye, DJ!” and waved emphatically.

He looked at me for a second and then zoomed to the gate separating us.  As my coworker helped him open the partition, he rushed into my arms for one last hug.

I almost started crying on the spot.  Instead, I caught my breath and squeezed him one last time.  As he walked away, he waved goodbye, and my heart melted.

That single moment gave me enough strength to finish the day.


Thank You, God, for the little moments.  I praise You for Your mercy.  Thank You for loving me and giving me strength.  Without You, nothing is possible.

No comments: